Leukemia is a form of blood cancer. In Israel it is treated by onco-hematologists. They work on the line of two directions: hematology and oncology. New diagnostics methods like blood cell cytogenic analysis and fluorescence hybridization help reveal the disease on the initial stage and to timely start the therapy.
The types of leukemia successfully treated in the Israeli clinics are as follows:
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (or chronic lymphatic leukemia),
- Chronic myelocytic leukemia (or chronic myeloleukemia)
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (or acute lymphatic leukemia)
- Acute myeloblastic leukemia (or acute myeloleukemia,)
To cure acute and chronic forms of blood cancer the Israeli clinics use the most up-to-date methods:
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy;
- Transplantation of bone marrow taken from a relative or non-relative donor;
- Immunologic therapy, whereby the homogeneous antibodies, stem cells and various vaccines are used allowing avoidance of marrow transplantation in some cases.
The leukemia treatment in Israel is the most effective worldwide. It is related to a high level of hemato-oncology as well as the use of the modern equipment allowing effective diagnostics and successful treatment. The treatment of this disease takes a rather long period; therefore, the Israeli clinics consider this to be of a high impotence to create all the necessary conditions for comfortable staying in the clinics. The goal of the leukemia treatment in Israel is the eradication of the leukemia cells and maintenance of formation of the normal bone marrow cells.
The expertise and the experience of the Israeli oncologists ensure effective treatment and allow controlling the patient condition in the course of remission. The cost of the leukemia treatment in Israeli clinics is significantly lower than the cost of treatment in Europe and the USA. It is important to note that the Israeli oncologists have substantially extended age boundaries to ensure marrow transplantation: At present, the marrow transplantation is also performed in patients which are over 50 years of age.!!
The treatment of cancer of the blood in Israel guarantees a high chance for survival of the patient !!